A couple of tips for a great day with Korvet Bootverhuur.
Korvet Boat Rental is located in the nautical center “de Evenaar” on the Scheendijk 23 in Breukelen (Korver Watersport is located a bit further along on the same road. This is NOT where you need to be!).
A couple of tips for a great day with Korvet Boat Rental:
- Korvet Boat Rental (NOT the company Korver Watersport) is located in the nautical center “de Evenaar” on the Scheendijk 23 near the town of Breukelen.
- There is a seperate car park where you can park one car for free. The entrance to the parking is indicated by two Korvet flags. Extra cars can be parked on the Scheendijk. Those parking spaces cost €4,- per day.
- We advise you to check in half an hour before departure.
- The deposit is €250,-. The easiest way to pay the deposit is to pay with a debit card. Your deposit will be refunded the same day.
- Most locks are for free. At the ‘Mijndense sluis (lock)’ you need € 4 euros cash.
- Don’t forget to bring along valid identification. (minimum age is 21)
- If you are uncertain about your ability to handle the sloop, you can always give us a head’s up so you can recieve more in depth instructions.
- Make sure you always have our phone number. +31 (0)6 535 111 40.
- In the smaller waterways (right outside the harbor), the Vecht and the Kalverstraat the maximum speed is 6 km/hour. On the Loosdrechtse Plassen the maximum speed is 12 km/hour. These rules are strictly enforced, and you can easily get a ticket when exceeding the speedlimit.
What should I bring along?
- Swimming clothes
- Life vests for children (these are available for rent (we charge €5,- per life vest)
- Enough food and drinks (you will be able to buy drinks in the harbor)
What you can expect from Korvet Boat Rental and what we expect from you?
- Before departure you will recieve instructions and tips about the sloop.
- We will walk you through the sloop and show you everything that is on board.
- Please let us know if anything was damaged during your trip.
- Did you use the swimming ladder? Take care that you bring it back on board when you start moving again.
- Always leave the fenders hanging on the side of the sloop.
- Make sure the ropes are inside the sloop at all times so they do not get stuck in the screw.
- Pets are not allowed on the sloop.
A map of the area will be on board at departure, but you can prepare a route your self with the Sloepennetwerk app. You can make your own route or choose one of the pre-built routes.
Click here for more information.